Studies show that a teenager should sleep for 8-10 hours, this means they need more amount of sleep than that of adults of children. When you being a teenager don’t get that amount of sleep, you are prone to chronic sleep deprivation. (1) This can negatively affect your wellbeing, mentally and physically
1. Cause of Sleeplessness in teens: (2)
1. Use of smart phones makes it difficult for you to fall asleep.
2. Homework, assignments, projects, social engagement and part time jobs makes teens fall short of time to sleep.
3. Social attributes: Western culture says, being active is more valued than sleep.
4. Over active brain finds it less able to sleep as your brain is become more active due to insufficient sleep.
5. More exposure to light from Television, Smart phones and Computers makes it more difficult for you to sleep at night.
Some major effects that sleeplessness gets can be difficultly to concentrate, poor memory, fall in academic performances, decreased scores, often falling sick, making your skin more prone to pimples and acne, increases impatience, unhealthy food cravings and weight gain and more. (3) (4)
2. Ways that can help you help you out:
1. Cut down your caffeine intake in the late evenings.
2. Avoid long time naps during the day time.
3. Practise few physical exercise, this will induce good sleep
4. Stick to your sleeping schedule, and set your proper schedule of sleep at night
5.Understand your sleep needs, try sleeping in your comfortable position. That’s why we are here for, we at Recron make mattress that suit you best for your sleeping position. Mattresses that relax pressure points in your body and breathable surface that gives you uninterrupted sleep also giving you proper support for your spine. Pillows for proper neck support, made with eco-friendly fibre for excellent shape. Every morning you wake up fresh and ready for new day. Also check for Recron variety of products for your travel needs.